1. The Queen didn’t need a driving license to drive
2. The Queen had her own private ATM
3. The Queen washed her own dishes
4. The Queen sat for over 200 official portraits
5. The Queen opened Sydney Opera House. When you think of Australia, it’s likely that the first image to pop into your head is that of the Sydney Opera House. It’s only fitting then that the most recognisable building in the country was opened by one of the most widely revered women in the world – the monarch opened the now-iconic Australian landmark on 20 October 1973.
6. The Queen spoke fluent French. Her Majesty spoke fluent French and frequently used the language during audiences and royal engagements when visiting.