The Last 7 Sayings Of Jesus On The Cross
- When Jesus hung on the cross, and the darkness overtook the land, it was “about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me” (Matt 27:46).
- As Jesus hung in agony, “He said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments” (Luke 23:34)
- and the Lord “said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43). The thief could now die in peace, knowing he was forgiven and eternity with Christ was next.
- As Jesus neared death, “Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son” (John 19:26)
- It was “After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst” (John 19:28)
- “When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit” (John 19:30).
- “Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” And having said this he breathed his last” (Luke 23:46).