Spiritual Warfare Lessons from St. Padre Pio
- The aim of the devil is to take us from the arms of Jesus, to isolate us from God. In writing to his spiritual director, he brings the struggle into the light and receives prayers.
- It is necessary to do violence to ourselves, to engage our free will in resisting diabolical temptations.
- Amidst tears and groans, we must turn to God, not away from God to be set free.
- Perseverance is necessary to pray until the trial ends.
- Don’t worry. Trust does more to strengthen the soul.
- Make the sign of the cross on your forehead and pray to the Holy Spirit and/or to Mary, Seat of Wisdom.
- When in the darkness of spiritual desolation or spiritual warfare, we may forget that we ever experienced the consolation of love and light. A spiritual diary helps us to remember.
- Great is God’s reward for the persevering, believing person –starting on earth and climaxing in Paradise.
- No creature is greater than the Master. Christ’s life on earth is lived in us who believe. We suffer, die and rise in Him.
St. Padre Pio, pray for us please.