Five Reasons to Believe in the Assumption of Mary
1. There are No Positive Arguments Against the Assumption of Mary
2. Scripture Presents Mary as the Ark of the New Covenant
To see the image of Mary as the Ark of the New Covenant, go back to Luke 1. Actually, go back much further, to 2 Samuel 6:2.
3. Scripture Promises that the Lord Would Assume His Ark into Heaven
Psalm 132:8 says, “Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might.” On the surface, this is a reference to the Temple, but it’s ultimately pointing towards Heaven. That, after all, is the ultimate rest of God (Hebrews 4:1, 8-11):
4. Mary Reigning with Christ is Extremely Biblical.
5. There’s Good Direct Biblical Reason to Believe in the Assumption
If you want to see points 2-4 all tied together, directly connecting the Ark in Heaven and the Mother of God, look at Revelation 11:19-12:2. It says:
Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail. And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; she was with child and she cried out in her pangs of birth, in anguish for delivery.